The HDI FTEC-P1 Polyfilter unit acts as the initial purifying process for the HDI PURE FTEC-1. It purifies large-sized sediments such as sand, dirt and rust particles. This helps to prolong the lifespan of the HDI PURE FTEC-1 Water Purification System.
Easy to use
The HDI FTEC-P1 Polyfilter unit assembles easily with any HDI PURE FTEC-1 unit.
True gradient 5 micron polypropylene filter
This is a true gradient sediment filter featuring progressively tighter spun polypropylene to create 4 levels of sediment filtration in one filter. The outer layer filters down to 50 microns. The 3 inner layers filter to 25, 10, and finally 5 microns. The multi-gradient design allows use of the whole filter depth, adding more dirt-holding capacity while maximizing water flow.
Made from 100% pure polypropylene
The material has excellent resistance to bacteria and chemicals.
Polyfilter unit specifications
- Unit Dimension
Height 17.0 cm X Diameter 12.0 cm
- Casing Material
Clear plastic / ABS resin
Filter cartridge* specifications
- Unit Dimension
Height 12.7 cm X Diameter 6.0 cm
- Filter Material
100% pure polypropylene fibers with true gradient density of up to 5 microns
*Filter cartridge for the model is sold separately
Recommended cartridge use duration
The lifespan of the FTEC-PC1 Polyfilter cartridge is about 3-6 months of use depending on the quality and turbidity of the water source.
When to replace the Polyfilter cartridge
- When the FTEC-PC1 Polyfilter cartridge turns from white/light brown to dark brown
- When the rate of water flow decreases
For best performance, be aware of the following precautions
- Use tap water only.
- Immediately after replacing the filter cartridge, run a slow stream of water through the cartridge for 30 seconds before use.
- First thing each morning, run water through the unit for 10 seconds once every day before use.
- Do not run water of over 50°C through the system under any conditions.
For best maintenance results
- Do not store cartridge in places with strong odors.
The cartridge will absorb the odor and lose its filtration capacity.
- Store cartridge in a dry, clean place.